Sunday, August 1, 2010

Roughing it....

Rick and I wanted to take the kids to do one last fun family outing before we have the baby and things are crazy for awhile. We decided to go camping an hour or so north of here at this place called Lion country safari. We did it last year and it was great. We went with Rick's parents in their camper, which is the only way I would ever camp in July 9 months prego. It was really fun. Eating smore's is a must

The kids helped Rick drive through the park to see the animals

We played at the water park

Fed giraffes
Went on rides

And hungout in the camper

The kids weren't too sure about eating dinner outside becasue they were soo distracted by all the flies! We'll have to work on that...
It was really nice to get away for a few days and have an excuse not to clean and get ready for the baby.

2 comments:

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Now that I think about it I went to Lion Country Safari when I was 9 months prego with Brock and people said I was crazy. We didn't camp but we did the tour and walked around. You look great!

Lisa said...

That looks like such a fun place to go camping. And I love the idea of the camper. Looks like it was a great getaway before baby. Glad you guys had a fun weekend.