Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Park City!!

For Rick's dad's 60th birthday this year we celebrated by all flying out to Park City, Utah to go skiing. It was awesome. The day after we got there we headed down to BYU to rent some skis. All of us getting fitted was a little crazy.....
But oh was it worth it. The first day we took Carson and Brynnli and Rick's sister and her husband took their Kaitlyn. It was so fun. The kids were really good, actually that first day they might have been better than me......I was a little rusty. Not that I was ever very good to begin with.....They were both going down mostly by themselves that first day, Carson would just fall down when he got going to fast. He was so cute. We tried to stay with Brynnli but she kept saying "don't help me, I do it myself." She is fearless. I wish I was like that. This was the second time we took the kids, had to stop for snacks and to eat snow. And of course, the lodge for lunch.
Since I prefer to stay on the easy slopes and Rick loves to go really fast, one of the days (Valentines Day) the girls (me, Rick's sister Trish, and his mom) stayed home while the Rick and his dad hit the slopes. They had so much fun. Isn't it beautiful?
And one day we got to go skiing by ourselves, which was awesome. The last day we brought Grandma so she could watch the kiddos in action.



Grandma and Grandpa
It was so fun! My favorite moment of skiing? Watching the kids of course, but a close second...watching Rick crash (for the only time on the trip)on the easy slope while trying to take a picture of me (going really slow....)
Hehe.....

No comments: