Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sleepless in South Florida

She may look harmless, but don't be fooled, she's crazy.
We need your help. Five days....no sleep....well, no naps....none of us. This may not seem like a big deal, but I am pregnant people. I need rest!


Five days ago I had a brilliant idea to get rid of Brynnli's best friend, aka, her paci. Why? This is the question I've asked myself everyday for the last five days around one o'clock at naptime. It was no big deal to get rid of Carson's around the same age, she's only had it at bedtime for months now, no big deal right? Not! Well, not true. She couldn't care less. We told her if she threw her pacis away we'd buy her a princess. She loved it. She's happy as can be not napping, playing in her crib, whatever. She doesn't miss it at all. Not me. I want it back. She's two, she still needs a nap, Carson just quit needing one for goodness sake.



So I need your help, any advice to help keep me from going literally crazy? I have tried everything I can think of. I will not surrender my naptime yet.......

3 comments:

hayley said...

Save up all TV time for your naptime. Good luck:) She sure is beautiful

Kristina said...

Andrew is sleeping less at naptime since we took his paci away too (if at all). Now I call it restime or quiet time. He is still in his crib for 1.5-2 hrs and he can either nap or just rest and play... whatever, but it is quiet time and mommy's break time. He does a lot of singing. My friend Liz did something similar w/ her 3 and 2 year old and they just play quietly in their rooms once the routine is established.

Good luck! Love her cute outfit.

Lisa said...

Hey Alli-
Jenna has gone through all kinds of stages with naps and the thing I found was that if I continued to put her in bed at about the same time every day and continued with the routine eventually she napped again. I would just put her in her room, read her a story (or whatever you do before nap time), and say goodnight. If she came out, I'd put her back in, but if she was just talking or playing I enjoyed the space. Justin was gone while Jenna was two so naps were essential in our house. My biggest advice would be to not give up because once you do you'll never get nap time back :). Good luck!