Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fay, Fay, go away

Who is Fay you ask? Well, Fay was our first real storm of the hurricane season, forecast to be a possible hurricane when it hit us and everyone freaked out as usual, filling up with gas, water, and food. We followed along too, putting up half our hurricane shutters Sunday night, since of course, Rick was working yesterday when the storm was going to hit. So yesterday morning, everyone on the news was freaking out about the possible impact of the storm, so Carson and I braved the rain and wind and put up the rest of the shutters. Brynnli was sleeping soundly inside, and I really wish you could have seen us, my neighbors (none of whom had their shutters up at all) must have thought I was nuts!! Needless to say, all day yesterday Carson and I kept singing "Fay, Fay, go away" and she actually listened, the storm was a bust, we didn't even lose power, which I am happy about.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

scary! i'm glad Fay was nice to you.

Kevin and Emily said...

Yeah for Fay going away. That is crazy that you have storm shutters and have to worry about those things! I love all of the new pictures. Such cute kids!

PerryParty3 said...

I thought about you guys when the news was telling how all visitors were being evacuated from the Florida Keys. I hope everything turned out okay. That is so cute that he was singing "Fay Fay go away!"
Brynnli gets cuter and cuter each time I look!