Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The one that got away...

In doing this blog it occurs to me that my husband just has way too much fun playing!!! So this past weekend Rick and two of his friends went fishing all day Saturday in the Gulf of Mexico on his dad's boat and had a blast! His dad caught a huge Cobia (I think that is how it's spelled) which our friends have since cooked (seeing as how I don't eat or cook fish) and it was actually pretty tasty.. Chris caught a shark
and John caught a HUGE shark
I am told this shark was huge, they of course caught it and threw it back
I am glad I was not on this trip, how scary! You may be wondering where Rick is, I am told that Rick caught a HUGE fish at the beginning of the trip but that they couldn't get it on the boat in time and it broke the line, maybe next time....
You may be wondering what I got to do while Rick was out fishing.... I was back at home with Carson, Brynnli, and the other five kids we were babysitting for the weekend, Happy Mother's Day to me!!! We actually had a great time, so it was a good day for all:) Once again, no pics though of my adventures, since Rick brought the camera fishing.







2 comments:

Jenny said...

uhhh scary! those sharks look huge! allison i think it's time for a little moms day out!

JerzyGrl said...

I think you need some quality GIRL time cuz! Have Rick babysit. That shark is awesome and scary... Remember all of our fun summers at the library researching sharks in Lompoc :)