Thursday, May 1, 2008

Goodbye to an old friend

So Saturday afternoon Rick was working and Carson and I were playing and Carson came to me and said "pappi, garbage?" and I said, you want to throw your paci in the garbage? To which he responded "yeah!" So, I went along with it and told him to go get all his pacis (littered in random places around his room no doubt) and we threw them in the garbage. Carson was very excited about it that day and that night, and so was I until the next day when Carson didn't take a nap before church...... he didn't actually ask for his paci again until Monday at night, and luckily the garbage truck (which we watch twice a week when it comes for our trash) was coming the next day so I told Carson we would get up early and watch the "garbage men" take the pacis.


Rick was less than thrilled with this idea, it meant his naptime being disrupted as well:)


I was very embarassed to be taking pictures in my jammies as the garbage truck came by, they must think we are nuts!
We let Carson wheel the garbage out himself.....poor kid
And off they went, what a miracle those paci's were in our lives for so long, and now only a memory.... just like the long naps Carson used to take with that paci......ahhh....

He is however doing way better than I expected, no real difference except shorter naps, and as I keep telling him, he is such a BIG BOY!!

On a side note: Carson asked me today in the car if we could throw Brynnli's paci away, I told him little babies can have pacis, but not big people!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Carson is such a big boy! Getting rid of the paci can be a huge problem for some people so you're lucky it was his idea!