Friday, March 23, 2012

Six


I can't believe it's been six years since I became a mom. This sweet boy is such a blessing in our lives. We took Carson and Brynnli to Disneyworld this year for their birthdays, which they chose instead of a birthday party. I will blog that eventually...... Carson had school on his birthday, and I got to bring him cupcakes to his class. He was so excited to celebrate with all his friends, and especially loved helping sweep up the crumbs all over his classroom and collecting the garbage. Hilarious kid.
I picked him up early from school and took him on a mommy/son lunch date with me. It was so fun. We went to Firehouse subs, I was LOVING that he picked that instead of McDonalds.



We came home and played outside and Carson drove his birthday present from us and Gma/Gpa T. around outside. He got a remote control monster truck. I"m still trying to figure out how Rick convinced me to let him get it....but Carson LOVES it. And he should for how much it cost, that's all I"m saying.

We had dinner at our favorite pizza restaurant with Gma T. and the Wernlis. It was a circus, with seven and a half kids between us, under the age of six, but hey, it was fun.
Then we headed off to Carson's flag football game. We brought cupcakes for the team, and I should've snapped a picture, and might have, but can't find it or remember. Very sad.
The night before Carson's bday we had cake since the football game was the night of his bday. Carson wanted a monster truck cake, and due to some crazy scheduling/packing/etc. I had going on, the cake got made but never decorated. So.....I let Carson and Brynnli decorate it themselves. They had a great time designing it with some help from me. And it took five minutes. Heavenly.


Some important facts about Carson at six:
He's into monster trucks, garbage trucks (still but slowly faing...)
Ninjago, and LOVES playing school and playing outside on his scooter and bike.
He's very helpful, wants to be good, and gets along great with Brynnli and Cole.
He's a great prayer giver. His prayers always come true.
He's LEARNING to read. He is stubborn and likes to give up easily when faced with something he doesn't think he can do easily. He is great at math, like his dad. Things he has learned how to do this year that were hard: Ride a bike, tie his shoes, and reading.
Funny story: When we told Carson we were pregnant with baby girl (our fourth) he said "okay, but this is it guys! I can't take care of any more kids!" and "does this mean I have to ride in the back now?"
He was our hardest baby, but has been our easiest tempered kid. We are thankful everyday that he's in our family and I am so happy to have him as an example to his younger siblings. WE love you Carson!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I have such a cute little nephew!! I love his comment from when you told him you were pregnant. That is classic.

Nicole said...

how funny that he was excited to pick up the crumbs and collect the garbage! he cracks me up