Thursday, March 29, 2012

North Carolina

For Carson's spring break we headed to Rick's parents place in the mountains in North Carolina for some r and r. Rick, Carson, and Gpa T. headed up after the races were over and Grandma, me, and Brynnli and Cole made our way up slowly over the course of two days. We stopped to shop at outlets, eat, and to sleep. Brynnli came down with the most horrible looking rash as we drove (turned out she had 5ths disease, which we found out by checking out the local pediatrician in N.C.) and I spent my first night in N.C. without Rick cleaning up Brynn's puke:)

It got a lot better though. Everything is slower up there, there's no malls, and the kids LOVE just doing the outdoor stuff they don't get to do here in suburbia. We took walks in the woods, fed the deer, watched the fish in the pond, helped, gpa cut down trees, and had a great time as a family. It was a much needed break.



Cole would barely leave Grandpa's side the whole week. Two peas in a pod those two:)




Smores in the fire pit were a hit everynight.

We hit the park too and took the kids real horseback riding. Poor Cole was devestated he wasn't old enough to ride, it was heartbreaking, but the other two had a blast!!!

Our little "deer" pretending to eat the corn they put out for the deer.






Gem mining as a family, Cole REALLY got into it:) I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

Thanks Tolberts for letting us come hangout!!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You are still so small Allison! If I eat a big lunch I think I could match that :)

North Carolina looks like so much fun for the kids. I'm sure it's nice to get away and have fun as a family.

I hope you are feeling better!