Thursday, August 18, 2011

Staycation

Summer is almost over. School starts next week. We have a kid in school, and now I feel like I am committing to something for the rest of my life! Making lunches, waking up early, homework, should I be excited about this? You know how some people get the pre-wedding jitters, fear of committment? I feel like I have the pre-school jitters. I digress.....so all of a sudden on Saturday I freaked out a little, feeling like I needed to get all the fun out of my system before school started...so we tried to plan a fun getaway this week. I researched all the hotels and we WERE going to stay on the beach. Then, Sunday Cole was miserable, teething, sick, or something. I was adament we were still going, and then I checked the weather. Rain, Rainy, more rain. That's all it said. I gaveup. I was bummed. Two weeks ago our vacation to the keys got cancelled by the tropical storm....me and weather are not on good terms. The worst part? BOTH times, the weather prediction was wrong. The tropical storm disappeared right after we cancelled our reservations, and the rain here for this week.....nonexistent. COME ON!

Ok, moving on. Since I'm married to Mr. Optimistic, we decided to make "lemonade out of lemons" (those were his exact words). We headed out and had the most fun we could at home. We went bowling, which was a blast, and out to eat every meal (part of my request so I didnt' have to do dishes or clean.....like I was on vacation), and then we setup our tent inside and watched a movie, had cookies and milkshakes, and slept under....the ceiling fan. Well, Cole slept in his room, and the rest of us slept in the tent. It was a good time. It was cute listening to the kids tell people we were on a "staycation." The best part, no unpacking!


































Any by the way, Cole is officially the cutest bowler ever. Here's a video. You had to be there, but still can't remember when I've laughed so hard.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love when Cole walks out into the lane. So fun! Looks like you guys managed to pull off a memorable weekend.

Britni and Brett said...

You are like the most fun parents ever! Sorry the rain ruined your trip, but your "staycation" looks like so much fun! You are right, Cole is the cutest bowler ever!