Monday, August 22, 2011

Kindergarten!



Carson started Kindergarten today. I was so proud of him. He wokeup excited, knew right where to go to his class (even though Brynnli and I walked with him), and sat down ready to start the day. I was lingering behind and I asked him...."do you want me to stay a few more minutes?" He said, "no mommy, I will be home after lunch ok?" He was so excited. I was devestated. I put on my happy face until Rick picked me up in the car....and then I started my ugly cry. It was a sad day for me today, but I am so excited for Carson.

















I was most nervous about Carson riding the bus home by himself today....but he has been looking forward to riding the bus since he was like two. He did great and has tons of new friends already. My little guy doesn't need me all the time anymore! Luckily, I have two more who still do.....:)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yay, pictures! I was close to crying just reading this, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling!! Even though I'm sure it's sad to see him not need you as much, I feel like the Kindergarten transition would be harder if he was clinging to your leg and wouldn't let you leave...that's what I"m worried about next year...

Such a big boy riding the bus! That will be so nice for you to not have to pick him up every day during naptimes and such.