Monday, April 25, 2011

30?

When did that happen?

It's funny how in my head I'm still stuck at 21, like when I see people and I'm like, they're not that much younger than me, but yep, they are. I remember when Rick and I first got married we had some friends who were approaching 30 with three kids and I remember thinking....man are they OLD. They were so fun, but I thought their life was over. They went to bed early, rarely went on dates.....oh wait....that's my life NOW. Except, oddly, I am very OK with that. I don't feel sad that I'm 30, I feel like, well, I am married with three kids, it's about TIME. Now maybe all those moms at preschool won't look at me like I"m CRAZY when I say I"m 29 with three kids:). I"m ready for 30. And most the time I secretly like sitting around in my jammies watching movies on the weekends....


Anyways, so for my 30th we had a lowkey day. I got up and the kids opened my presents.I went and got my nails done and then stopped by Brynnli's school to help with her Easter party (did I mention Brynnli started school? That will be a another post....)We had a blast at the pool and had strawberry shortcake for dessert (my favorite....since I dont' actually like cake much)It was a great day.

The next night Rick and I headed out to see the play Wicked and have dinner at Chima, a Brazilian steakhouse. Rick's parents rushed back from out of town to babysit, since I'm too neurotic to trust any teenager with all three of our kids:) Thanks Tolberts! We had a blast, but forgot our camera....so we took this one when we got home. What a great birthday! Did I mention Rick got a cruise for his 30th birthday? Just sayin..... mine will be coming soon I'm told....once Cole's older and...We're waiting for our cruising buddies the Wernlis who just had twins to come!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I need to hear how you liked Wicked! I always think of you when we have strawberry shortcakes, which we actually don't have them very often if anything we have angel food cake, but when I see them at the store I think of you!! I hope you get your cruise and have so much fun!

Jenny said...

PS that picture at the top of the kids is adorable. love love love it.