Thursday, October 11, 2007

Car shopping

So our life has been mostly boring this month, as everyone can tell by my lack of exciting blogs. Our main excitement, if you can call it that, this week has been the search for a new car. Since we are now going to have two kids in carseats and we are in need of a new car anyways since our other two are rather elderly, we decided we would need something bigger. We have gone back and forth, scoured many a used/new car lot, which means we've been stalked by car salespeople of all kinds (sorry to any of you who may be in this profession). In any case, I have been avoiding the inevitable..... becoming a mom who drives a minivan. I was hoping to get by and get an SUV or something instead, but it is not looking very promising. In the meantime, I am enjoying every last second of my little four door Charlie car that looks much less momish.







What do you think? Any suggestions?


Rick on the other hand decided that for the same price we could get a much more sensible car that would last a long time.......

What a nice dream anyway!!!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

go for the mustang! no, i think you would like a minivan more than you think. i am hoping we can keep using our accord for our 2nd kid and just put carseats on both sides. i'm with you though, a little suv or something seems way less "mommish" but- you are a mom of 2 now! just face it- you're getting old :)

Lisa said...

I SWORE I would never drive a minivan, but I too have succomb to the "mom car" and I love it! We test drove every other alternative and wouldn't you know, the minivan had the best features for little kiddos. We have a Toyota Sienna and will never go back...at least for the next 15 years or so... :)

Chris said...

A mimivan... I could see Rick, being a miniman, driving a minivan!

hayley said...

Take the plunge!! I know what you mean about wanting the SUV, but the minivan is so pratical, cheaper and WAY BETTER gas mileage! I didn't know if you knew we bought a Toyota Sienna last year? WE LOVE IT!! Very comparable to the odessy. We just both grew up with toyotas! You will love the big sliding doors. Some are electric with the click of button, and it's SO EASY to get your kids in!

John and Courtney Houghton said...

my mom just got a sante fe...and it wasn't too expensive either. it can fit seven..i like it a lot.