Thursday, December 3, 2009

Our big boy

So, a little over two years ago when Carson was only about 16 months old we moved him into this fire truck bed, and he has loved it ever since. WE never had any problem transitioning from the crib since he loved it so much! But lately, he has gotten a little bigger and Rick and I have noticed him bumping the walls at night and waking himself up. Pretty much three or four times a week I wakeup to a sleeping toddler in my bed with me in the middle of the night. Finally yesterday I asked him why he keeps coming in my room in the night to sleep and he said, "my bed is too small." I was like, oh.....duh? So, with Carson's permission, we moved our daybed (which was cramping space in Brynnli's room with her crib) into his room and said goodbye to his firetruck bed, or at least banished it to the garage until it finds a new home. It amazes me how fast the time goes by and how life has changed in two years. My big little guy is growing up....sniff. He loves his new big bed though and hasn't come in our room at all.....yet.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

aww! how funny he had to tell you guys he had outgrown his bed :) he must be getting tall!