Sunday, August 30, 2009

Seven Year Itch

In honor of our seven year anniversary this year we decided we deserved a cruise ALONE! I am finally not pregnant or nursing.... so now is a perfect time. So, we dropped the kids off at their grandparents (Rick's parents) and headed out for a five day cruise! I am not going to lie, I cried like a baby all the way to the ship after we dropped the kids off.... however, once I got on the boat, I managed to get over it:). Rick did make a comment as I was bawling like a lunatic that it was exactly seven years earlier after our wedding that I cried the whole way to our hotel also..... I'm glad he didn't try and give me back. This was seriously, the best time ever!!!It just so happened that our cruise stopped in Nassau, Bahamas where we spent our honeymoon at Atlantis, which was cool. We took the ferry over there and might have snuck into their pools and beach......Seven years ago.....Now........ And then of course when we stopped in Key west and finally got cell reception, we had to check on the kids, who barely noticed we were gone

We went snorkeling and jet skiing in Coco Cay which was sooo fun, I was slightly terrified on the jet ski...
It was the best, we stayed out dancing late, went to shows, ate and actually enjoyed our food, slept in, lounged on the beach and actually got to talk to eachother! I can't wait to do another one, hopefully before seven more years!
Our family reunited:) Carson was upset because we got home after the garbage truck had just come, he wanted to play with the garbage cans instead of talking to us.... we are so loved.The kids had a blast with the Tolberts... Carson was apparently obsessed with filling their garbage cans up with tree limbs (do you think he's obsessed much?)
Rick and I made these little cards for the kids to open each day while we were gone with stickers and pictures in them......... We missed our little sweeties, but boy was it nice to get a break!!! Thanks Rick for making me go, and thanks Tolberts for taking such good care of our munchkins!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

ah! i'm so glad you guys had a good time--that sounds like so much fun! i heard something about a storm that direction and was worried it would ruin your trip so i'm happy to hear it didn't. it is so hard to leave kids but so nice to get to feel like an adult vs. a mom for a few days,

7 years later i think you guys might look better than you did when you got married! you are so skinny allison!

PerryParty3 said...

Wow! I am so stinkin' jealous! I'm glad you went and had a good time! I love the idea of the cards for your kids while you were away. Now, when is Rick available to talk my husband into a cruise? :) I agree with Jenny, I couldn't figure out which was the "then" and "now" picture. You look SO fantastic!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I love the gorgeous sunsets in the back. I found you. Now I can officially blog stalk you! I totally want to do a cruise now. You guys look the same as you did 7 years ago!