Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What a crazy night

So we had our friends the Wernlis over last night for dinner and the craziest things kept happening!! This is actually not a picture I took last night, it was on Monday of the two kids eating lunch together during a thunderstorm, they were so cute!!
So the weirdness all began when we put the kids to bed and Chris was making a dessert for us, brownies with carmelized sweetened condensed milk on top, the only problem was.... you have to cook the milk in the oven and I guess ours cooked a little too long, poor Chris went to open the can and it exploded all over our kitchen, it sounded like a firework!! We all spent twenty minutes or so wiping down the house!! The brownies were delicious though, maybe I will post the recipe another day.

So then we started playing Settlers of Catan and we hear Jada, who we thought was asleep in the pack n play in our room, yelling for her mom, and Kim comes running out of our room laughing hysterically and tells me to get my camera........

Here is what she found..........

Jada had pulled open my underwear drawer and was wearing about four pairs of my underwear, Kim said when she went in there (the lights were off) Jada said "mommy, I can't get my underwear off.." It was too funny, and I can't believe I am posting a blog with my underwear on it. Oh my.

The rest of the night was just full of random other weird things, our ice maker dropping ice cubes randomly, Chris almost winning all three games we played........ what fun.

Thanks Wernlis, we had a blast!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

how funny! sounds like a fun night even with all the craziness.

hayley said...

Settlers is awesome. We played every weekend in Utah with my sisters. Then we upgraded to cities and knights, which the boys really love cause it takes even longer. But I prefer just settlers, it is way less complicated so you can socialized. Anyways, sounds like you are having fun!