Sunday, April 20, 2008

Two Firsts

So, I know it is crazy for me to blog again today, but I had to. We had a very exciting Sunday today for us.

First of all, Rick was on duty today and has been gone almost two days, so I braved church alone today with the two kiddos, which can be quite the handful, especially since Carson refuses to go to the nursery (for those of you who don't know, our church has a little class that kids over the age of 18months can go to to play and eat snacks while their parents attend the other meetings of church). Last week Carson stayed in there for about a half hour alone while I taught my primary class and Rick taught the teenage boys in young mens, but today I dropped Carson off and he stayed the whole two hours!!!! Can we all say hallelujah? It was amazing!!!! What a big boy, he was so cute on the way home telling me all about what he did. After church we decided to drop by (okay a half hour drive or so) the fire station to visit daddy, we had a blast!!

So first number two was that it was Brynnli's first trip to the fire station, she was thrilled naturally:)



Carson really wanted the truck to go "out" of the station while we were there, so he figured he'd push it out, despite his effort the truck stayed right where it was. What a fun day!! And it was so nice to see Rick, 48 hours gets to be a long time, especially for Carson who keeps asking me "daddy home?"

4 comments:

Jenny said...

yeah carson! good job buddy! keep it up!

48 hours IS a long time! hang in there!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Hi Allison, it's Jenny's sister-in-law Jennifer. I had to look at your blog and see the cute pics of your fam. And I'm so jealous that you already look so fabulous post pregnancy. Lucky lucky!

Unknown said...

How fun! My boys would love the fire station! Nate has been working long hours for about 2 months- he fired his sales people so he has stepped in until he hired new people. I dread Sundays taking my kids to church alone. It is a handful, so I know your feeling! Last week I was nursing the baby in sacrament because

Unknown said...

(Got cut off) I was nursing the baby in sacrament because I didn't want to haul all three kids to the mother's lounge. I looked over and my 3 was peeing his pants! So we ran home and changed and went back. Not my best Sacrament meeting. Life with kids :)